Breakfast can be challenging, or so the rumor goes. What do we eat? How much?
Options are plentiful, but simplicity always works best for all of us. Here’s a simple solution for getting a morning mouthful of carbs & protein to make the movements of our days even more dynamic. My ingredient preferences might not work for you, but even a casual glance will show you where you can make necessary improvements & substitutions.
- Toast . . . I use simple bread, some wheatish concoction of sugary slicery, but you could certainly substitute your English Muffins, or whatever you need, to make you plate more palatable.
- Peanut Butter . . . I’m a Peter Pan man, but hey, use whatever nutbutter variety works best for you & your dietary concerns
- Honey . . . local, preferably & encouragingly
- Raspberries . . . my favorite berry, but any will do. Blueberries, blackberries, whatever is in season, whatever is available
- Bacon . . . rarely is a morning meal complete without it
- Coffee . . . (not pictured) Do you really need to ask?
Yes, it really is that simple. A low-effort breakfast that yields high-energy results.
Bon apetit & Semper Fortis,